DWC Owners Forum

Author Topic: Greetings from Centerview Missouri  (Read 322 times)

Tad T

• View Profile
Greetings from Centerview Missouri
« on: January 23, 2017, 08:05:49 AM »
Hello all,  My name is Tad, I live near the wide spot in the road called Centerview, Missouri.   I am new to the CNC world with woodworking.  I look forward to reading post with tips, tricks, and stories on using the Digital Wood Carver.  I just purchased one at the KC woodworking show this past weekend.  Still working to get a perfect place for it to setup.  Burl and Laney have ben great to work with.  I'm impressed with the apparent quality of the machine and the company behind it.  My reasons for choosing a digital wood carver.   See yall all in the forums

Butch Elrod

• It's just a piece of wood.
    • View Profile
    • Wood Hacker - Hacked Sticks, Stumps, and Logs.
Re: Greetings from Centerview Missouri
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 01:08:55 PM »
You're near Johnson Shut-Ins where I spent a few days playing hookey from high school :)  I've also kayaked the St. Francis River more than 100 times.   Beautiful country down there.

Welcome to the community.
~~~~~
Chainsaw carvings, sawmill services, and CNC routing.
http://www.WoodHacker.com/

Rick

• View Profile
    • Pioneer Valley Wood Art
Re: Greetings from Centerview Missouri
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 06:34:22 AM »
Hi Tad and Welcome,
I'm in Western Massachusetts in the Town of Greenfield. We are situated on the Connecticut River 10 miles south of the NH and Vermont borders. Enough of the geography lesson! I ran two CarveWright CNC routers for five years before buying the DWC. I love h open architecture of the DWC and the invaluable support of Laney and Burl. Forum contributors like Butch Elrod and Floyd Harris (another CarveWright operator) are also really helpful.
I mainly make two items: cribbage boards and anything that makes my wife happy!
Good luck!
tRicky!